I’m very happy to be here again in October Software Testing Report to tell you great stories, events happened around the world.
Last month, there’s a reader contacted me and asked me about how much effort for me to prepare such report. Well, it often takes me one or two days to preview and consolidate the news, articles before publishing. I know that that’s considerable amount of time for such a free report. To be honest, I’m not 100% sure how much my monthly testing report provides values to you because I haven’t received much feedback from you.
So if you have any ideas, comments or things to tell, I would love to hear that. Comment right below this post or just send me an email at thanh[at]asktester.com.
Anyway, let’s jump right into this month report.
Testing Trapeze Magazine: Issue #11 for October
Testing Trapeze not only put on new clothes, they also released the Issue#11 for October. Below are articles you can find in this number:
- Where to start as a technical tester – Jennifer Haywood
- Testing, Dream Jobs, and Soup – Erik Petersen
- KWST 2015 – Oliver Erlewein
- Tyro’s Robotics Challenge – Samantha Connelly
- How I became a Rapid Software Testing Trainer – Huib Schoots
Testing Circus Magazine: Edition #10
Here are some insights in this Edition #10:
- Being Bold as a Tester – Lisa Crispin
- A Fake Tester’s Diary
- How to Test: Writing Kick-ass Defect Report – Mike Talks
- Interview with Daniel Knott by Srinivas Kadiyala
- Building A Better Mobile App with the Right Testing Strategy – Kapil Saxena
- The Digital Test Center of Excellence – Wolfgang Platz
- Inclusive Design Really Is for All of Us – Michael Larsen
- Book Worm’s Corner
- New NeoSense With Easy-to-read Reporting
- Perfecto Mobile Expands Focus To Digital Experience
- SOASTA Announces CPI To Measure Website Performance
Professional Tester Magazine: Quality At Speed
- Digital ambition and its impact on testing in Europe
- Take a step back – mobile testing
- Manage risk by playing it SAFe
- Risk-first development and testing
- Reactive automation as the key to continuous delivery
- Testing Talk with Paul Gerrald for a new model of testing
Software Testing Events
EuroSTAR Software Testing Conference 2015: From Nov 2 – Nov 5 , 2015
In case you don’t know, EuroSTAR is considered as the largest software testing conference in Europe. This year, the conference’s venue is in MECC in Mastricht, Netherlands. This year’s theme is “Walking the Testing Talk” where practical advice, real-life experience are shared.
- TRENDZ 2030 with Richard van Hooijdonk
- Kanban Testing and Lego With Kristoffer Nordström
- Test Automation: The DevOps Achilles Heel with Jeffery Payne
- Growing From a Reckless Bughunter to a Stakeholder Conversationalist with Rikard Edgren
- Wild West Security – Paco Hope
Note: You are late for this conference when you’re reading this but there’s a good news for you. You can prepare for next year and win free ticket to join this conference next year by joining competitions. Look out for EuroSTAR competitions
Around the blogs:
- Security Testing Pathway – By Katrina Clokie. Katrina suggests a path for those who are new in security testing to follow and learn security.
- How Software Testers Can Teach, Share and Play with Others – By Justin Rohrman. Justin suggest some interesting ideas so that testers can add values to organization.
- 5 Ways to Stop Procrastination and Make Sure Things Get Done – By Lolly Daskal. Procrastination is really one of the biggest enemy of making things done. Check out this to find 5 ways to stop procrastination.
- Dolly: Bad Habits During Testing Activities – By Dolly Pente. From my years of experience, I can say these advises are valuable for us testers.
- The wrong question: What percentage of tests have you automated? – By Dorothy Graham. Dorothy explained how wrong this most commonly asked question is
- 40+ Most Common Mobile Testing Interview Questions and Answers with Sample Mobile Testing Resume – By Software Testing Help. Are you applying for Mobile Tester position? If yes, you may want to know what common mobile testing interview questions are.
I’m proud to say that October was a good month with me and AskTester. I published two posts:
These two posts took me more time to write because I would like to put more effort and to commit to write useful articles for readers only. So if you like these two posts, please fee free to share them with your friends too.
Also, some of interesting questions were asked on AskTester community. Check them out if you have the same problems like askers or if you have the solutions to their problem and would like to share.
- How do we know if we have enough test coverage? – By Amit
- Time to test is cut down, what would you do? – By Daniel
- Predict issue when investigating requirement? – By Lan
- What are challenges if you are the only tester in team? – By Charlene
If you are having a burning question or you just want to share something with community, don’t be shy. Go and ask now.
That’s all for testing report for October. See you again in next month report!
Like What You’ve Read?
Subscribe now to be updated on Monthly Software Testing Report.