How were you doing last September? I hope you had a great month doing the testing.
Last September was a remarkable month jam-packed with a lot of events and activities in software testing industry.
Of course, one of the biggest software testing events was STARWEST conference. There were many good tutorials and sessions presented by famous speakers. This was also great opportunity to do networking with other testers in the industry. Anyway, it would be the best to be there in person to listen and enjoy yourself. However, in case you were not there, I have a takeaway for you today:
Bonus: Click HERE to download all presentations at STARWEST. It’s FREE
Let’s take a look and see what else happened last month:
LogiGear Magazine: Mobile Testing – It’s all in UX
If you are doing Mobile testing, this September magazine from LogiGear will definitely fit well for you. If not, it’s also worth a look since Mobile testing becomes popular these days.
Some highlights in this issue:
- Mobile Testing is Mission Critical
- Unwrapping the Box
- Mobile & Web Performance Testing
- COVER STORY: You Need a Mobile Testing Strategy
- A Beginner’s Guide to Mobile Application Testing
Testing Circus Magazine
Some key highlights for Professional Tester – 5th Anniversary in September:
- 5 Years of Being Helpful – Geordie Keitt
- Where is the Uber for Testing? – Pradeep Soundararajan
- How to Test: Account Self Management – Mike Talks
- Interview with Albert Gareev by Srinivas Kadiyala
- Tracking Verification Activities in Agile Projects – Ravi Kumar BN
- 7 Practical Ways Testers Can Help Developers – Karen N. Johnson
- The Evolution of Cooperation – Michael Niessl
- Little Lessons Learned from Software Failures – Doris Robinson
- New Release Of TestRail Offers Full JIRA Test Management
- Salesforce Unveils Salesforce IoT Cloud
- Mobile Banking Apps: HOW Testers Can Deliver
World Quality Report 2015-2016
If you are wondering what are current and emerging trend in 2015-2016, you can find the answer in World Quality Report from Capgemini
Key points mentioned in this report:
- Digital Transformation – A Discruptive Mind Shift with Huge Impart on QA and Testing
- QA and Testing Budgets Outperform Prediction
- Security Testing is the Top IT Stragegy Priority
- Agile Testing Maturing to the Enterprise
- Industrialization Become More Advanced
- Test Environment and Test Data Management
Better Software Magazine:
Some highlights in this issue:
- Software Testers Should Know About ISO 29119
- Why ISO 29119 Is a Flawed Quality Standard
- Applying Test-Driven Development to Agile
- Planning to Performance Test Your App? Think Again!
- Become a Great Scrummaster
- How touch Time Impacts Delivery
- The Evolution of Testing Centers of Excellence
Around the blogs:
- Bugs Are so Yesterday
- The Volkswagen scandal and the ethics of testing
- Do We still Need Dedicated Testers
- Hire People, Not Skills
- QA People are Not Testers, or Are They?
- Do Testers Really Prevent Bugs?
I was a bit slow at my end, so I haven’t published any new post last month on AskTester.
I will need to fix my procrastination problem and schedule better for new posts.
Even though I did not have any new post, there were great questions asked on AskTester:
- How is Agile testing different from Traditional testing?
- what a QA lead should plan when assigned to a new project
- Your bug is rejected. What would you do?
- What will you do if you raise a bug but the developer does not agree that it is a bug
Note: Are you having problem with software testing and you need help? Click here to ask now!
That’s all for Software Testing Report in September
Oh, by the way, if you don’t see your posts here, it probably means I have missed your good stuff. Feel free to comment right below to tell me what I missed.
Also, if you are doing really hard to create something cool for testers to read, give me a heads-up at thanh[at]asktester.com, I’ll consider adding it into next month report.
Like what you read? Subscribe now! The Monthly Software Testing Report will be sent to your inbox.